TRACS Automated Manifest System for Ports & Shipping
TRACS is a port-wide information system designed to interface with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Automated Manifest System (AMS). Although developed for use in the United States, TRACS can be customized for use in any jurisdiction that has the need to communicate with its border patrol, Coast Guard, or customs agencies.
TRACS is a community-based cargo tracking and release system certified on the CBP’s Automated Manifest System (AMS).
TRACS transmits ocean vessel manifest data to Customs electronically in accordance with the 24 Hour Rule, and receives cargo status (hold, do not load, release, examination, etc.) messages in as many as five days in advance of arrival. Sharing this data electronically both facilitates imported cargo flow and saves time and money by eliminating redundant data entry.
- TRACS enables timely manifest transmissions for compliance of the 24 Hour Rule.
- TRACS speeds up the clearance of imported goods.
- TRACS technology improves the competitiveness of the port region.
- TRACS replaces cumbersome and unnecessary document handling in international trade with electronic communications and computer technologies.
- TRACS eliminates unnecessary paperwork and telephone calls, reduces the need for courier services, and minimizes the occurrence of data entry errors while helping to improve overall customer service levels.
- TRACS can process manifests/cargo releases for port authorities and carriers/agents.
- TRACS is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.