Business Process Mapping
Often we find that operational inefficiencies exist because organizations don’t fully understand their business processes. This can be due to lack of documented procedure, or personnel changes. This is as true for seaports and port authorities as with any other type of business.
Nicom’s Business Process Mapping exercise documents the data flows and processes and provides the following benefits:
- Ensures that all necessary processes are incorporated in any new technology implementation project
- Provides current macro and micro view of all business processes directly impacted by migration to a new system
- Provides a solid framework for future improvements in port operations
- Avoids a situation where the port is dependent on a single individual for information regarding business processes
- Provides a prioritized list of recommended initiatives, improvements, and upgrades that are outside of the scope of the project but which we believe merit consideration for future improvements.